Re: information creation and promissory materialism (was

mortongr@flash.net
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 05:54:47 +0000

At 12:17 AM 10/14/1999 EDT, MikeBGene@aol.com wrote:

>Mike writes:
>
>[...]
> >Someone needs to explain this to bacteria. They are the predominate
> >life form on earth and have been evolving for the longest period of time.
> >Yet there is no clear trend that bacteria have increased their complexity
> >to fill every available niche.
>
>Tim:
>
>>As a direct descendant of a bacterium (or more realistically, at least
>>*two* bacterial lineages), I question the suggestion that we've not
>>increased our complexity over the course of evolution.
>
>I see. One lineage out of millions. I guess for some the exception
>does prove the rule.

Not only our lineage but cats, catfish, mussels, clams, shrimps, worms,
geckos, dinosaurs, robins, coral,.......
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm