Re: Behe Review (yet another)

Stephen E. Jones (sejones@iinet.net.au)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 06:24:59 +0800

Reflectorites

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:40:47 -0600, Terry M. Gray wrote:

TG>David's suggestions are very much in line with my comments in my original
>review of Behe from 1994.

It is interesting that Terry uses the words "review of Behe from 1994". This
gives the impression that this is a review of Mike Behe's *book* "Darwin's
Black Box", when it is in fact only an abstract of a *debate* that Terry had
with Mike Behe in 1994, one or two years *before* DBB. See below.

TG>Indeed I am a "theistic evolutionist" who sees
>"the necessity for emphasising self-organisation and emergent phenomenon in
>order to realise God's design conceptualisation". While this puts me
>outside the neo-Darwinian camp, technically speaking, modern Darwinism has
>welcomed this school (except for a few hard-nose guys like Richard Dawkins
>(but he is softening up a bit, it appears)

I would appreciate Terry substantiating his claim that "Richard Dawkins
...is softening up a bit..." to "self-organisation...". I saw Dawkins on TV