Re: teaching evolution in Wisconsin

Gary Collins (gary.collins@etluk.ericsson.se)
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 08:13:53 +0100

--------------3F0E0271213BCFE68B5FFE1B

Chris Cogan wrote:

[...]

> CC
> Evolution "rapidly" unfolds before us? Who *is* this idiot Grasse P.-P.,
> anyway?

"This idiot Grasse, P.-P. " has been described as:

The most distinguished of French Zoologists, the editor of the 28 volumes of
Traite de Zoologie, author of numerous original investigations and ex-president
of the Academie des Sciences. His knowledge of the living world is
encyclopedic.

-- T. Dodzhansky, in a review of the first (French) edition of Grasse's book.
Evolution, 29(2), June 1975 p376.

/Gary

--

I looked it up in the dictionary under L, and there it was...the meaning of life. It was less than I expected.-- Dogbert

--------------3F0E0271213BCFE68B5FFE1BContent-Type: text/html; charset=us-asciiContent-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

[...]