RE: This is design, yet it uses chance (was I've also read Spetner's book)

Pim van Meurs (entheta@eskimo.com)
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 11:03:27 -0700

----------
From: Stephen E. Jones[SMTP:sejones@iinet.net.au]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 3:40 PM
To: Evolution Reflector
Subject: Re: This is design, yet it uses chance (was I've also read Spetner's book)

Reflectorites

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:25:20 +0000, grmorton@argolink.net wrote:

[...]

GM>You seem to be able to misunderstand almost anything!

Yet another ad hominem from Glenn, which the online Merriam-Webster
dictionary (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary) defines as: "1 :
appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect..." and "2 : marked
by an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the
contentions made".

Not an ad hominem but an observation. Now you can show that the observation is incorrect.

SJ: My explanation which seems to be the only one which fits all the facts, is
that Glenn, as a TE/EC, has been taken "captive through [a] hollow and
deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic
principles of this world rather than on Christ" (Col 2:8), namely scientific
materialism-naturalism.

Now that would qualify much more as an ad hominem dear Stephen. Btw you have yet to explain why YOU have not been taken captive by a hollow and deceptive philosophy.