Re: Johnson as Expert (was Experts Worry...)

Stephen E. Jones (sejones@iinet.net.au)
Sat, 02 Oct 1999 22:16:38 +0800

Reflectorites

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:38:50 -0700, Brian D Harper wrote:

[...]

>SJ>Here we have a good case of metaphysical naturalism, masquerading as
>>methodological naturalism, being applied to "religion", and in this case
>>the *Christian* "religion".
>>
>>Would Howard or any other TE/ECs argue against the consistent application
>>of science's methodological naturalism to the *Christian* "religion", and
>>in particular its claims of "supernatural intervention in the universe"?

BH>It seems to me that you answer your own question. If metaphysical
>naturalism is masquerading as methodological naturalism, then
>it is not a consistent application of methodological naturalism.

I am not sure on what exactly Brian is getting at here.

Is he saying that a metaphysical naturalist cannot consistently apply
methodological naturalism?

Perhaps he can elaborate?

Stephen E. (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ Email: sejones@iinet.net.au
3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Web: http://www.iinet.net.au/~sejones
Warwick 6024 -> *_,--\_/ Phone: +61 8 9448 7439
Perth, Western Australia v "Test everything." (1 Thess. 5:21)