Re: Pyramids

Biochmborg@aol.com
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:39:34 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/99 11:27:24 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
D.Tyler@mmu.ac.uk writes:

> But this is pre-empting the outcome. IF there is a natural
> explanation, then science ought to be able to figure it out. If the
> intelligent designer has acted in a way that falls outside the realm
> of "natural", science will not be able to figure it out. This is
> not just an issue of "motives". IMO theists should allow, in our
> thinking, both natural and non-natural causation. To do otherwise
> drives us towards deism.

The problem is that as long as both directed evolution and undirected
evolution produce the same results, we cannot tell if there is intelligent
design going on or not. All scientists can do under those circumstances is
study evolution, and leave questions of intelligent design to their
consciences and their personal beliefs.

Kevin L. O'Brien