Re: Pyramids

mortongr@flash.net
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 21:27:03 +0000

At 02:06 PM 7/14/99 MST, Jason Bode wrote:
>Earlier I believe David Tyler mentioned something about complexity of tools
>affecting the final product. Two notes:
>
>The pyramids are rightly considered one of the wonders of the world. Each
>brick was fitted nearly seamlessly with its neighbors, and each was
>incredibly heavy. There are passages weaving through them, as the purpose
>was a burial home for a pharoah. Now, incredible though these are, the tools
>used were fairly primitive. Some have even said building a pyramid now, even
>with the technologies we have, would be nearly impossible.

It is not true that building a pyramid now would be nearly impossible. We
can shape granite to micometers if we want and make them fit together even
better than the blocks they made. Look at the smooth granite on a building
facade sometime. Our cranes could also lift the blocks easier.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm