Re: throwing out the baby with the bathwater

mortongr@flash.net
Mon, 05 Jul 1999 22:04:05 +0000

At 02:25 PM 7/5/99 -0700, Chris Cogan wrote:
>Saying that science can be a religion is like saying that mathematics can be
>a religion. At best, it's misleading.

Actually Chris, I believe that historically mathematics WAS a religion at
one time. So you are wrong. The Pythagoreans were as much a religion as
mathematicians. The existence of the dodecahedron was a big secret in
their sect. So I don't see how you can say that this is misleading.
Anything can be a religion including money, power, sex and even cats.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm