Re: "Scientific" position on philosophical questions

Steve Clark (ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:42:58 -0500

At 08:38 PM 6/28/99 EDT, Bertvan@aol.com wrote:
Actually, I believe science will
>eventually realize they cannot legitimately make any statement about the
>existence or non existence of design, and will come up with something which
>does not deny anyone's philosophy. (It won't be "random mutation and
natural
>selection", which specifically denies any possibility of design.)

I think saying that, "random mutation and natural selection specifically
denies any possibility of design," is an overstatement. It is certainly
consistent with a world made in the absence of design, but it is not
inherently incompatible with design.

Both, creationists and evolutionists who hold this view are wrong.

Cheers,

Steve