Re: Academic thought police

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:34:14 -0500

Bertvan wrote:

>Hi Glenn,

>Do you know of any Darwinists who might do the same as your very admirable
>geologist professor? I know generalizations are wrong, but my generalization
>was that geologists are generally LESS dogmatic about materialism than
>Darwinists.

Yeah, Stephen J. Gould. Gould was Kurt Wise's advisor when Kurt was trying
to get his Ph. D. Gould found out about Wise's belief's before the degree
was granted. Kurt told me that Gould was upset that Kurt had hidden his
views, but granted him the Ph. D. based NOT upon Kurt's religious views,
but upon the quality of Kurt's research. So, this entire idea that the
evolutionists are out to get a religious person is so much bunk. It is a
good rallying cry for the ICR gang but it isn't true.

Gould should classify as a darwinist.