Re: Precisely what is "Natural Selection"?

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:55:00 -0500

Thanks for the information

>population. But not all. So if you wanted to inject a diety into the
>process you could simply say that Innana (who predates Yaweh
>historically) causes gene replication errors in favored populations.<<<
>
>I would like a reference to Innana. Who was she (or he) and which
>culture worshipped her/him/it?

She is the Sumerian equivalent of the Babylonian Ishtar:
http://pubpages.unh.edu/~cbsiren/assyrbabyl-faq.html

>Secondly, since this list is really about Evolution and the Bible what
>does Innana have to do with the Bible?

Innana figures in the Gilgamesh myth which is the basis for some of the
early myths of the Bible, such as the flood.

And this list--as far as I understand--is for the discussion of
evolution,
for and against.

---------

-- glenn