RE: Precisely what is "Natural Selection"?

Donald Frack (dcfrack@sowest.net)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:08:46 -0700

Mark,

<snip>

> So my question is: was my minister mistaken on the concept of "natural
> selection", or is it true that in Darwin's original formulation of the
> concept, it necessitated the absence of divine activity?

Darwin coined the term *natural selection* as an analogy in nature to the
*artificial selection* performed by animal and plant breeders. It had
nothing to do with "*supernatural* selection" nor with the existence of a
Creator.

Don Frack
dcfrack@sowest.net