progress in evolution

Bertvan@aol.com
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:36:39 EDT

Subj: Re: progress in evolution
CC: Huxter4441

Bertvan:
*snip*
In mammals, evolution seems to have resulted in an
increasingly complex central nervous system, culminating in the complexity
of
human consciousness.

Huxter asked:
>##### Are you implying that a human CNS is more complex than a cow's? In
>what way? What is the measure of complexity? Are you implying that other
>mammals are not 'conscious'? That they are not capable of abstraction?

Hi Huxter:
Yes, I am implying that a human CNS is more complex than a cow's. I imply
that while other mammals are conscious and capable of abstraction, it is to a
lesser degree than humans. I even suspect their brain is less complex.
Furthermore, I'll really go out on a limb and suggest that humans are smarter
than cows.

I fear my judgements are entirely unscientific, and await your scientific
evidence that I am wrong.

Bertvan