Re: Mitochondrial Eve

Biochmborg@aol.com
Wed, 19 May 1999 17:22:43 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/99 11:37:09 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
gsimons@email.unc.edu writes:

> Why is it that since Kevin came aboard, I have regretted every time I have
> sent something to the forum?

Perhaps because no one but myself is obnoxious enough to point out your
errors, misconceptions and lack of knowledge, in the hope that you might take
the critique seriously and rectify the deficiencies?

> I think I have learned my lesson, and will abstain in the future.

That is of course your choice, but all it tells me is that you were never
interested in a reasoned debate, but simply in pontificating your erroneous
views. One reason for being a member of this listserv is to learn enough to
correct errors and misconceptions from the people who know the subjects
better than you do. By refusing to participate you announce your refusal to
learn, and hence to correct your errors. So be it. In any event, I'll still
be here when you are ready to discuss the subject reasonably.

Kevin L. O'Brien