Message Not Delivered: evolution-digest V1 #1420

PostMaster (Mailer-Daemon@navyouth.org)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:47:08 -0600

The message you sent could not be sent to the following recipient(s):
SMTP:bgmsm@navyouth.org

Original Message Follows:
=========================
evolution-digest Saturday, April 24 1999 Volume 01 : Number 1420

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:16:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: Rich Daniel <rwdaniel@dnaco.net>
Subject: Re: Evolution: dead man walking

On April 8, Cummins wrote:
[...]
> Okay, I'll give you this one. There was no visible light until energy
> decoupled from matter, at which point, the energy expanded at the speed of
> light and didn't hang around for us to detect as background radiation thus
> the Big Bang model doesn't really predict background radiation so I don't
> need to appeal to diffused energy from stars to explain it...

You misunderstand. The universe is very much larger than you imagine.
The cosmic microwave background radiation that we see today has not been
bouncing around in the interstellar gas for the last 13 billion years;
it comes to us directly in a straight line from the edge of the visible
universe.

Many people think Big Bang theory has the initial universe shrunk down to
a very small point. Not so. It was instead a very large volume of matter
with maximum density. For all we know, it might even have been infinitely
large.

If the CMBR came from stars or interstellar dust, it would be stronger
in the galactic plane. It's not.

Rich Daniel rwdaniel@dnaco.net http://www.dnaco.net/~rwdaniel/