spiritual dimension (was: Dembski and Nelson)

Rich Daniel (rwdaniel@dnaco.net)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 13:01:07 -0400 (EDT)

Moorad wrote:

> ...Our reasoning ability, our free will, our ability to know that we are,
> etc are not physical...

Then why can they be disturbed by a physical blow to the head?

> ...If self, free will, etc are illusions, then our thinking ability is
> faulty and thus nothing that comes from it can be believed.

Two errors in one sentence: First of all, it's not logically impossible
for a being without free will to nevertheless have non-faulty reasoning
ability. Surely you don't really mean to say that God couldn't create
such a thing if he wanted to?

Secondly, just because our thinking ability is faulty -- and in fact, it is --
doesn't mean that we can't trust *any* of our conclusions.

Rich Daniel rwdaniel@dnaco.net http://www.dnaco.net/~rwdaniel/