RE: Where's the Evolution?

Pim van Meurs (entheta@eskimo.com)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:49:31 -0700

At 04:47 PM 4/6/99 -0500, Cummins wrote:

>> [mailto:evolution-owner@udomo3.calvin.edu]On Behalf Of Steven Schimmrich
>
>> This reminds me of an essay on the Talk Origins page titled "Evolution
>> is a fact and a theory" by Laurence Moran, a biochemist at the University of
>> Toronto (http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html).
>
>The article asserts that the fact of evolution is ameba-to-man and that
>alleles change in frequency over time (my words). The article asserts that
>there are theories about the mechanisms that cause Evolution (e.g. how do
>alleles change in frequency, or some such nonsense).
>
>Why can't Evolutionists just say that Evolution is a fact, not a theory?
>Something isn't a theory just because you aren't certain of what produces
>it. And, a theory by definition is something that is not known to be a
>fact. And, facts=data and prehistory is not data. So, there's no reason or
>logic in calling Evolution both a fact and a theory.
>
>Calling Evolution both a fact and a theory is solid evidence that
>evolutionists are liars to the bone. It's a shell game, "theory" to look
>scientific and "fact" to say no one is allowed to question it. It's designed
>to deceive and confuse.

I truly doubt that there's anything that anyone could say which would change
your obvious hatred of evolution and of everyone not rejecting it as you do for
philosophical/religious reasons.

It is clear by now that Cummins is not rejecting evolution based on scientific arguments but based on his hatred and ignorance. As a Christian I am appaled to see such behavior.