Re: Evolution's Imperative

Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 00:11:14 -0600

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:09:22 -0700 "Kevin O'Brien"
<Cuchulaine@worldnet.att.net> writes:

>So I guess that when God says that Solomon had a circular tub built that
was
>thirty cubits in circumference and 10 cubits in diameter, the value of
pi
>must really be 3 (otherwise the circumference of a 10 cubit-diameter
circle
>would have been 31.5 cubits, or the diameter of a 30 cubit-circumference
>circle would have been 9.5 cubits). How can you possibly question this?

I think if the 10-cubit measurement was an inside diameter and the
circumference was measured around the outside, and if the wall was ~ an
inch thick, then the value of pi would work out.

>So I guess that rabbits must chew the cud, ...

cud. They munch fecal pellets. As Gothard said, "The critics were
looking at the wrong end of the rabbit." :-)

Bill
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]