Re: The young age of Earth

Kevin O'Brien (Cuchulaine@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:37:29 -0700

>At 08:52 PM 3/17/99 -0800, Pim wrote:
>
>> How often do I have to post the reference ?
>http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/behe/
>
>Until there is empirical evidence to support the theorizing.

I think you mean speculation here. If as you imply there is no evidence to
support Keith Robinson's concept, then he is engaging in speculation. He
can theorize only if he has evidence to support his concept already.

In any event, Keith's concept is that IC systems can evolve by the
duplication of specific genes and then their subsequent divergence by
mutation. This concept is actually well documented.

Go to the Entrez MedLine journal search site at:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Entrez/medline.html

Change the Search Field to "Text Word", then type "gene" into the search
text box and hit the Search button. Then, without changing the Search
Field, type "duplication" into the search text box under the "Add Term(s) to
Query" section and again hit the Search button. This time type in
"divergence" and search again. You should then get 456 articles detailing
research into evolution by gene duplication and subsequent divergence.

Enjoy.

Kevin L. O'Brien