IC

Cliff Lundberg (cliff@noevalley.com)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:23:45 -0800

Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:
>Pim wrote:
>>It does not matter whether it be Darwinian evolution or not. IC systems
>can arise in gradual steps.
>>So perhaps it is time that the IC people support their ideas that such
>systems cannot arise naturally.

>What is your scientific basis for this statement? Perhaps it is time that
>the evolution people support their ideas that such systems can arise
>naturally, after all they are the ones who make such an assertion. Where
>is the evidence?

Haven't we gone through this a few times already? I suggested the forearm
as a simple example; which came first, ulna or radius? How could either part
arise gradually, functional at every step and attached at both ends? But it's
so easy to see when you trace the gradual distortion and loss of the many
symmetrical bones in the lungfish limb.

IC people rely heavily on the simple-to-complex strawman.

Cliff Lundberg