Re: Evolution's Imperative (was Def'n of Science)

Cliff Lundberg (cliff@noevalley.com)
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 11:17:05 -0800

Vernon Jenkins wrote:

>Concerning falsifiability, let me first say that the nub of the matter
>is not that evolution hasn't yet been falsified, but rather that it is
>incapable of ever being falsified. A number of people seem to have
>missed the point here. For example,

>(4) Cliff believes that "...just because something happened long ago
>does not mean it is in principle not verifiable or falsifiable." I
>disagree.

When we talk of falsfication and verification of events, we are
essentially talking about observation. I think there is confusion
here between *practical difficulty* and *logical impossibility*
of observation.

Cliff Lundberg