Re: Flood stratigraphy (was Flood Model and dinosaur tracks)

Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:21:12 +1100

Dear Karen

Karen G. Jensen wrote (in part):

> No, you got it right. I see the worldwide water catastrophe as extending
> at least from the pC-C (Cambrian) boundary to at least the K-T. (So the
> K-T crisis is part of the C-T catastrophe.)

Are you saying that you believe PC rocks are pre-flood, C-K rocks flood and
Cainozoic rocks post flood?

If you do then you must hold two things: First that biostratigraphy is valid (the
only way we can say that a rock is PC, C-K, Ca etc.). Second that the numerical
ages from radiometric dating are internally consistent, that a rock that has a
numerical age >540 Ma is always pre-flood (even if it's actual age is only >4200
yrs by a literalistic chronology) rocks with numerical ages of 540-65 Ma are always
flood (4200-4199 yrs), and those <65 Ma are post-flood (<4199 yrs).

Am I correct, or have I missed your point entirely?

> Karen

In Christ

Jonathan