RE: Anthropic Principle IS a probability argument

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:51:27 -0800

At 10:53 PM 1/11/99 -0600, Jeffrey W. Zents wrote:
>I'd like to jump in here for a moment. While I appreciate the point that
>you both are trying to make I am puzzeled by your assumption that the
>universe could have been other than it is. I agree we can *imagine* that it
>is diffrent, but that is not more soundly based than good scifi. What I am
>looking for is the hard *evidence* that the universe could be other than it
>is. Or to put it in somewhat metaphysical terms: existence is what it is.
>Where is the evidence that it could be otherwise?
>
>Thanks for your time,

Are you suggesting that God is absolutely constrained to have created the
world exactly as we see it? And are you saying that God is absolutely
constrained to create a world that MUST have life?
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood