RE: philosophy

Tim Ikeda (tikeda@sprintmail.com)
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 18:10:33 -0500

Cliff writes:
> Mike, I agree with everything you say about philosophy but I question
> the practicality of a philosophy major.
[...]

Aw Cliff,
Philosophy majors don't have to end up getting jobs in philosophy.
One of the better med students I TA'd had a philosophy degree. Another
had a BA in English. These two were actually curious about what they
were learning in a biochem lab compared to many of the ones with chem
and bio degrees -- Many of these others just wanted to know what would
be on the $#$%&! tests. That class was a bit depressing to teach -- I
got to see the proportion of science majors that I would never want to
have as a physician.

Regards,
Tim Ikeda
tikeda@sprintmail.hormel.com (despam address before use)