Re: The Evolutionist: Liar, Believer In Miracles, King of Criminals.

John W. Burgeson (johnburgeson@juno.com)
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 16:36:12 -0700

I wrote:

>am I missing something?

Susan replied:

>>yes. The conditions which existed on earth at the time abiogenesis
would have been taking place no longer exist anywhere on this planet.
Therefore the conditions (as they are thought to have been) will have
to be reconstructed in the laboratory.>>

No disagreement. That's just more detail I think everyone would
agree to (well -- almost everyone) < G >

>> To add the condition "with no
intelligent input" makes the project impossible. >>

I guess you are referring to the obvious condition that a lab, and
scientists, must set the thing up. Again, no disagreement, for a project
must have a project leader! < G >

>>In any case the
Creationist contention is that life cannot be created other than by
God exactly as described in Genesis. Therefore it should be utterly
impossible with even "intelligent" non-divine input.>>

Again, I understand the contention of my YEC friends.

>>The leap from non-life to life is a one-step process only in the
Bible. Miller & Urey took some inorganic elements and saw organic
compounds spontaneously form under the right conditions. That's
supposed to be impossible.>>

Who says this? It is an experiment a high school student can do? Even Dr.
Gish (a friend of mine) has no problem accepting and understanding this
experimental data. Yes, at one time some folks thought it not possible.
Their thesis was falsified.

>> Creationists like to up the ante at that
point and say "it's not a horse or a mouse." Which, of course, is only
possible with magical (god-like) powers and which would eliminate the
need for evolution.>>

Again, I understand and agree that they do.

Looks as if you and I are vigorously agreeing! < G >

Burgy

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]