Re: The Evolutionist: Liar, Believer In Miracles, King of

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swau.edu)
Wed, 04 Nov 1998 21:00:40 -0800

At 07:48 PM 11/4/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings John:
>
>Here are two instances of abiogenesis: the Urey-Miller experiment and Fox's
>proteinoids.

How do these qualify as abiogenesis? Take Fox for example. He is an amino
acid biochemist, and certainly not abiotic. Then there is the matter of
the purified amino acids he used as starting materials. They came from Soy
beans, certainly not abiotic in my book. Then there are the Japanese
biochemists who purified the amino acids from the soy beans. They would be
highly offended if you referred to them as abiotic. Then there is the
little matter of the experimental aparatus that Fox designed, and the
control of the conditions under which the reactions took place. These were
all controlled by Fox, who I believe we previously established was not
abiotic. So where in these experiments is the abiogenesis coming in?
Certainly not in the ingredients, the procedure or the products.
Incidentally, Fox was a professor of mine and I have done all these
experiments in his lab under his direction. I didn't see anything that
qualified them as abiotic then or now. He is just a clever biochemist
plying his trade. The same analysis holds for the Miller-Urey experiments.
Art
http://biology.swau.edu