Re:Dawkins and increase in information

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swau.edu)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 18:18:03 -0700

At 05:48 PM 9/30/98 -0500, Glenn wrote:

>You have not followed what I have been saying. The question was on the
>audio tape and supposedly Gillian's voice was on the original unedited video.

I am concerned with editing practices if they change the intent of the
interview. That does not appear to be the case here. It doesn't matter to
me that the editors planted the question in the mouth of someone else, so
long as it doesnt change the content or intent. For example, the
interviewer may have been a person with no on camera presence. It makes
sense then to have the question placed by someone else in an attractive and
believable setting that will appeal to the viewer. I think you would never
watch another documentary if your standards were applied generally.
Art
http://biology.swau.edu