RE: A PERFECT Creation????

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:31:51 -0500

At 08:19 PM 9/29/98 -0600, Kevin L. O'Brien wrote:
>Sorry to be so confusing, Glenn, but I meant the subject of plant death was
>being left out. Even if it could be proven to your satisfaction that
>animals were immortal before the Fall, plants were dying all over the place
>as animals ate them. So there would still be death before the Fall.

You are absolutely correct. And even if one were to say that the plant
didn't die, the cells in the leaves were most assuredly dying. So, at the
very, very minimum, there was cellular death. And if there was cellular
death, why were animal cells not able to die? Is the death of a skin cell
from an animal prohibited before the fall? That would seem silly to me. If
Adam cut himself and blood cells rushed out and clotted, then an animal
cell would die--the blood cell. And if an animal cell can die, then if
enough of them die, the animal would die.

I would say that if animals were unable to die, then they were unable to be
cut and there was no need for clotting before the fall.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood