Re: A PERFECT Creation????

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:24:54 -0500

Hi Dario,

At 01:53 PM 9/29/98 -0700, Dario wrote:
>Death is the direct result of sin. (Rom. 6:23 "For the wages of sin is
>death...") And it was sin that introduced death into the world (Rom.
>5:12-14 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death
>by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. (For
>until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is
>no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them
>that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is
>the figure of him that was to come."

Absolutely agree with you here (amazing that we can agree on something, yes?)

But none of the above says anything about animals. It is death for MEN. It
was MEN who sinned not the animals. Show me a verse that says animals were
immortal? That is all I ask. Not some long chain of theological inference,
but a clear statement about the immortality of animals.

>Moreover, in the NT we read Hebrews 11:3 'Through faith we understand
>that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are
>seen were not made of things which do appear.'
[snip]

>If God just transformed some pre-formed human like dead creature while
>in some female creature's womb. then the writer of Hebrews is mistaken
>by his declaration of 'things which are seen were not made of things
>which do appear'.

Why. The human spirit certainly is not made of things we can see. Or do
you contend that we can see the soul?

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood