Re: A PERFECT Creation????

Dario (giraldo@wln.com)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:53:57 -0700

Glenn R. Morton wrote:

> snip...
> To me the actual Hebrew undermines the claim made by Henry et al that there
> was no death in the universe prior to the fall. Mankind was offered
> immortality; the animals weren't. Notice that in Romans 5:12 that death
> passed unto all MEN, it doesn't say 'men and animals'.
> snip...

Glenn:

Death is the direct result of sin. (Rom. 6:23 "For the wages of sin is
death...") And it was sin that introduced death into the world (Rom.
5:12-14 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death
by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. (For
until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is
no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them
that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is
the figure of him that was to come."

We read that 'death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had
not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression'. This includes
all. The earth was cursed because of Adam and death came upon all
because of his transgression.

And it'll be death who will be extinguished before the millenium reign
of Christ on the present planet, before a new earth is created. We read
in Revelation 9:3-6 "And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the
earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have
power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of
the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men
which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was
given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented
five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he
striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not
find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. that
men will try to kill themselves but can't."

On another topic, several hebrew scholars I have consulted regarding
your interpretations appear somewhat surprised. They totally disagree
with your findings and believe that maybe your ancient hebrew/chaldean
languages knowledge isn't at the same level of your scientific. Since
I'm not interested in engaging in a he-said said-he type of discussions,
for the most part I just read your explanations and wonder.

Lastly, II Timothy 3:16-17 "All scripture is given by inspiration of
God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for
instruction in righteousness. That the man of God may be perfect,
thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

If only part of the Scripture is inspired and the gap holes were filled
by men, then Paul was mistaken. And he was more so if one believes that
inspired men wrote extra things to which they had no inspiration
whatsover. Which I take to be your position on certain passages.

After all, one can't honestly say that God created and made something
when in reality He didn't. If God made it, then He did the labor not
some process He created. That is what the hebrew word translated 'made'
means.

Moreover, in the NT we read Hebrews 11:3 'Through faith we understand
that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are
seen were not made of things which do appear.'

So when God writes 'let us make man in our image after own likeness' He
formed Adam from something that wasn't there. Scripture interprets
Scripture. The NT shows us that Jesus made things from the unseen (Col.
1:16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that
are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or
dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him,
and for him", John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him
was not any thing made that was made."), it is by His word they are kept
together (Heb. 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the
express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his
power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right
hand of the Majesty on high"), and the OT shows us that it was through
His labor and actions that man and animals came into existance.

If God just transformed some pre-formed human like dead creature while
in some female creature's womb. then the writer of Hebrews is mistaken
by his declaration of 'things which are seen were not made of things
which do appear'.

Best Regards,

Dario