Re: Comments on Spetner

Brian D Harper (bharper@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu)
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 06:00:10 -0400

At 08:23 PM 9/26/98 -0700, Joseph wrote:

>Yockey demonstrated mathematically from the biochemistry of cytochrome c
>that the probability was astronomical if it were to be formed by
>evolution given a mutation every second from the beginning of time of
>this universe. Therefore, the evolutionist believes in miracles.

No, Yockey showed no such thing. This is the second time you've
made a blatant error regarding Yockey.

>Spetner observes that every mutation finding a temporary environmental
>niche nonetheless loses information and has taken a step toward
>extinction. Evolution can't provide new information. New information
>can't come from a random process. New information requires an engineer.
>
>Joseph Mastropaolo

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics
The Ohio State University

"It appears to me that this author is asking
much less than what you are refusing to answer"
-- Galileo (as Simplicio in _The Dialogue_)