Re: A fascinating Young-earth Creationist article

Steven H. Schimmrich (sschimmr@calvin.edu)
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 07:54:41 -0400

At 04:39 PM 9/20/98 -0500, Glenn Morton wrote:

> I just finished reading one of the most fascinating young-earth creationist
> articles I have ever read and would suggest that every young-earther should
> read this. The article is Steven J. Robinson, "Can Flood Geology Explain
> the Fossil Record?" Creation Ex Nihilo Technical Journal, 10(1996):1:32-69.
>
> [SNIP]

That sounds like an interesting paper. It's good to see some in the YEC
camp begin to deal with the geologic evidence against the old Whitcomb-Morris
ideas. I think as those guys fade away, YEC will change a bit.

It's still amazing to me, however, that someone can so clearly see the
problems with many global flood scenarios yet still be too blind to see
that many of his criticisms apply to his own pre-Permian flood strata idea.
Just curious, is this guy a Seventh-Day Adventist (who seem to be more willing
to deal with real science even though a priori committed to a global flood) or
is he out of the non-denominational Evangelical camp?

- Steve.

--   Steven H. Schimmrich, Assistant Professor of Geology   Department of Geology, Geography, and Environmental Studies   Calvin College, 2301 Burton Street SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546   sschimmr@calvin.edu (office), schimmri@earthlink.net (home)   616-957-7053 (voice mail), 616-957-6501 (fax)    http://home.earthlink.net/~schimmrich/