RE: Steve Jones on Challenge for Young Earth Creationists: the

Steven H. Schimmrich (sschimmr@calvin.edu)
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:10:02 -0400

At 11:43 AM 9/15/98 -0400, Bill Hamilton wrote:

>> "The age of the earth" Brent Dalrymple is an excellent book about
>> radiometric dating.
>
> That's the book I had in mind to try first. There's a (fairly) new
> paperback edition out that sells for significantly less than the hardbound
> edition. BTW I submitted my challenge question to Brent and he agreed it
> was a good one to ask, and that he had never heard a creationist ask it.

Dalrymple's book is great and I also highly recommend it.

If you want a real rigorous textbook treatment, I would also recommend Alan
Dickin's "Radiogenic Isotope Geology" (1995, Cambridge University Press).

- Steve.

--   Steven H. Schimmrich, Assistant Professor of Geology   Department of Geology, Geography, and Environmental Studies   Calvin College, 2301 Burton Street SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546   sschimmr@calvin.edu (office), schimmri@earthlink.net (home)   616-957-7053 (voice mail), 616-957-6501 (fax)    http://home.earthlink.net/~schimmrich/