Re: Challenge for Young Earth Creationists: the clock is now ticking

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 20:30:34 +0800

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4820800=_=_=_

Bill

Welcome back!

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:02:18 -0400, Bill Hamilton wrote:

BH>For a good many years I have been puzzled by the failure of young earth
>creationists to ask a question about isochron dating. I have been fairly
>involved in the creation-evolution debate since 1991 -- first on
>talk.origins, later on this list -- and I have never heard a young-earth
>creationist ask this question. Yet it's an obvious question that ought to
>occur immediately to anyone who has ever tried to use experimental data. I
>have read quite a bit of the literature published by young-earth
>creationists as well -- people like Henry Morris, John Morris and others,
>and I have never seen this question raised in their publications. If I am
>correct that this question has not been asked, this omission implies that
>young-earth creationists are either not knowledgeable or incredibly careless.

[...]

While I am not a YEC, to be fair I should point out that YECs *have*
asked question about isochron dating. See for example the following
on-line Impact articles, which as an OEC I don't necessarily agree with:

Morris H.M., "The Day-Age Theory Revisited," Impact No. 55, Institute
for Creation Research, January 1978. http://www.icr.org/pubs/imp/imp-
055.htm.

Akridge R., "Radiometric Dating Using Isochrons," Impact No. 113,
Institute for Creation Research, November 1982.
http://www.icr.org/pubs/imp/imp-113.htm ,

Austin S.A., "Ten Misconceptions about the Geologic Column," Impact
No. 137, November 1984. http://www.icr.org/pubs/imp/imp-137.htm

Vardiman L., "Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth," , Impact No. 301,
July 1998. http://www.icr.org/pubs/imp/imp-301.htm

Stephen E (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ sejones@ibm.net
3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ senojes@hotmail.com
Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 8 9448 7439
Perth, West Australia v "Test everything." (1Thess 5:21)