RE: A Poll On Abiogenesis (Spontaneous Generation)

John E. Rylander (rylander@prolexia.com)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 20:23:28 -0500

[snip]

You're really serious here, aren't you? I was hoping it was merely a
sarcastic exercise.

You, unlike the EB, are equivocating, and you know it (no??). As I and
numerous others have pointed out, you're not talking about what evolutionary
theory talks about, but what Louis Pasteur et al (and the EB in that
context) talked about. And yet you're giving the impression that you're
using the term in the evolutionary way. (Or perhaps your definitional
conflation mentioned earlier is -inadvertent-???)

This may be a trivial ethical breach (since the whole poll is trivial --
unscientific, verbally misleading, with you determining the subjects'

You're a smart guy, Joseph. That is -obvious-.
You can do a -lot- better.

--John