Re: Petersen's Book

Steven H. Schimmrich (sschimmr@calvin.edu)
Wed, 09 Sep 1998 15:58:47 -0400

Almost makes me wonder if Joseph Mastropaolo got himself
a fake account at DejaNews. You write just like him.
I would still be interested in knowing if Joseph or you
have any relationship to the publisher or author of the
book in question since both of you sound like publicists
for it.

- Steve.

At 11:48 AM 9/9/98 -0700, you wrote:
> I have just finished reading Petersen's "New
>Insights to Antiquity" and am very favorably impressed
>with it. Some of this material is over my head, the
>Appendices notably, but most of it seems clear enough.
>In particular, there is no doubt in my mind that Prof.
>Mastropaolo was exactly correct; the author's evidence
>in favor of an added dimension of space is indeed
>unassailable.
> In Chapter 8 Petersen builds upon this finding to
>develop a remarkable new model for comets and their
>mode of interaction with planets. His picture has many
>interesting consequences. It explains the data from
>olden times that led Velikovsky to think that Venus had
>once been a comet; it accounts for the rings of Saturn;
>it explains how ancient navigators were able to
>determine longitude in the western hemishpere; it
>explains how torque was once applied to the earth
>causing its axis to tilt slightly and the length of the
>year to change, and it accounts for the terrestrial
>magnetic field as well.
> On top of all that his picture gives a realistic mechanism
>for the Great Flood; it accounts for the fossiliferous rocks, and
>it identifies a fatal flaw in the radiometric dating systems. I
>don't wonder that many of you are taken aback at this assault on
>your established belief system, however you do yourselves no
>credit by waxing hysterical, railing at irrelevancies, resorting
>to ridicule and calling people names. If you are able to rebut
>any of Petersen's points then please do so by all means, but I
>have seen nothing that could pass for rebuttal thus far.
>
>-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
>http://www.dejanews.com/ Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums

--   Steven H. Schimmrich, Assistant Professor of Geology   Department of Geology, Geography, and Environmental Studies   Calvin College, 2301 Burton Street SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546   sschimmr@calvin.edu (office), schimmri@earthlink.net (home)   616-957-7053 (voice mail), 616-957-6501 (fax)    http://home.earthlink.net/~schimmrich/