Re: Petersen's Book

Susan Brassfield (susanb55@yahoo.com)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 12:20:15 -0700 (PDT)

---Janet Miller <janetmiller@my-dejanews.com> wrote:

> I have just finished reading Petersen's "New
> Insights to Antiquity" and am very favorably impressed
> with it. Some of this material is over my head, the
> Appendices notably, but most of it seems clear enough.

The material in Petersen's book is *not* over the heads of many people
on this list and they believe that it's bunk.

Petersen's book, I suspect, like many creationist books is *counting*
on the ignorance of a gullible audience willing to snatch at any straw
that disproves evolution. He knows that a well-educated audience will
have the reaction you have seen here. They are not his audience YOU
are his audience. His book is intended to persuade YOU, not anyone
who knows anything about geology or physics.

Susan

==

---http://www.telepath.com/susanb