RE: A Poll On Abiogenesis (Spontaneous Generation)

John E. Rylander (rylander@prolexia.com)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:33:20 -0500

Joseph, that was not my meaning. Like everyone who answered "yes", I reject
spontaneous generation; I have no opinion on evolutionary abiogenesis
proper.

I realize you willfully decline to distinguish between the two concepts,
perhaps because you find conflation to be critical to your case. (Please
correct if that was not your meaning.)

This is what spinmeisters call a (1) unscientific (2) "push" poll. In
politics, they're used to dupe the credulous. ("95% of Americans
support/detest Bill Clinton's plan to save/destroy the family, according to
polls.", e.g.) Obviously it'll have no impact on this group, but I wonder
if you plan to use it for the traditional political reasons off-list.

--John