Re: Low view of Creation's capabilities

Loren Haarsma (lhaarsma@retina.anatomy.upenn.edu)
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 14:57:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Joseph Mastropaolo wrote:

> The trend of the entire observable universe is in the opposite direction
> from evolution. Were this not a metaphysical issue, I doubt "science"
> would spend a second on it.

Joseph,

As a break from biology and evolution, I recommend spending some time
pursuing astronomy -- specifically, stellar evolution and planetary
formation.

These fields of science demonstrate something very awe-inspiring:
It looks like God designed the laws of nature so that a simple clouds
of hydrogen and helium can evolve into something much more complex and
interesting: a galaxy full of stars, atoms from the entire periodic table
of elements, and planets with atmospheres, liquid water oceans and
simple biological molecules.

Awe-inspiring; worthy of study; and, I think, suggestive.

Loren Haarsma