Petersen's New Insights, Glenn Morton's free China trip

Joseph Mastropaolo (mastropaolo@net999.com)
Thu, 03 Sep 1998 09:46:19 -0700

I wrote:

>>Remarkable. Truly remarkable. The loess nodules the size of a sweet
>potato with the snails and embedded mud were deposited and are being
>deposited at the rate of several mm/yr by the wind. Truly remarkable.
>I would like to observe. Let us both go and if we observe what is in
>plates 35-40 while it is happening, I'll pay your expenses and if not
>you pay for mine. Deal?>>

Glenn Morton wrote:

<<Great. I know Mandarin and would love to go back to China and get
some more practice. When do you want to go to China? I will buy you a
meal of one of their delicacies, either dog or scorpion (no kidding!)>>

The bargain is sealed. The protocol is as follows:(1) The loess nodules
the size of a sweet potato with the snails and embedded mud, as
illustrated in Petersen's plates 35-40, will be observed as they are
being deposited at the rate of several mm/yr by the wind in China.(2)
The expense money, $10,000 from Joseph Mastropaolo and $10,000 from
Glenn Morton, will be deposited in escrow by 1 October 1998 with
instructions stating that if (1) is observed Morton collects the $20,000
and if (1) is not observed then Mastropaolo collects the $20,000.

I look forward to meeting you, traveling with you to China and
observing. Let us leave on or about 8 October 1998.

Joseph Mastropaolo