RE: Age of the Earth

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 19:26:46 -0500

At 07:07 AM 9/1/98 -0500, John Rylander wrote:
>Glenn,
>
>I was having a nice conversation with Bill Payne almost a month ago -- the
>nicest I've had on this list with a YEC in memory, and I mean that very much
>as a compliment to him, to his reasoning ability and his courtesy -- but I
>never heard back from him on my last message to him.
>
>One of the issues I pursued unsuccessfully (i.e., no reply) was that of the
>degree of theological involvement in YEC science -- just this issue you
>brought up. I'd like to re-raise these matters with Bill, if he'd permit.
>Our discussion was getting fairly conceptually detailed, but I think that's
>necessary for real progress.

Bill is a neat guy who is impaled upon his theology, of course he would say
I am impaled upon my science. :-) He and I have had numerous public and
private discusions and I think we respect each other and each of us know
it. At least I know I respect him.

I hope he re-opens the discussion because it is that difference which is
crucial to the use of science within a miraculous Christianity.

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood