Re:Age of the Earth

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:32:08 -0500

At 11:08 AM 8/28/98 +0100, Vernon Jenkins wrote:
>The stimulus for the hunch, of course, is the belief that evolution must
>be true (which was precisely my contention re the geologic column!). The
>theory requires an 'old Earth' plank to support it. The integrity of
>that plank clearly rests on the gamble that decay rates have remained
>constant throughout Earth history.

No, the old earth plank is not dependant upon the decay rates at all. I
will show you if you will answer a couple of questions.

Do animals have time during the year long flood to build nests lay eggs and
have them hatch?

Can this be done over an over at the same site?

Before you answer remember that a 30,000 foot sedimentary cover requires
that 3.5 feet of sediment must be deposited per hour for an enitire year.

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood