Re: Josephus

Dario A Giraldo (giraldo@wln.com)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:19:16 -0700

John W. Burgeson wrote:

> Inquiring for a friend of mine. He is reading Josephus
> and is "getting bogged down." Is there a "summary book" somewhere
> that he could read to get an overview of what
> it is all about?

Well Josephus has several works on several subjects(i.e. Antiquities,
Jewish Wars) Which work is your friend interested in ?

There are several cd-roms available that makes reading Josephus works
easier due to their ability to extract specific themes or names/events.

For example I was doing some research on Quirinius and was able to pull
all of the data needed in less than two hours. Have not had those tools
available, I was destined to read 1000+ pages of text.

Best Regards,

Dario