RE: Age of the earth

Andrew (cummins@dialnet.net)
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 21:37:36 -0500

> [mailto:evolution-owner@udomo2.calvin.edu]On Behalf Of Glenn R. Morton

> Why are you so distrustful of your fellow human beings?

People are only human. It is not uncommon for whole classes of people to be
blinded
by thier own prejudices. Given any controversial issue, there is at least
one side
being blinded for whatever reason.

> Art Chadwick, a believer in a Global flood, tried to repeat Burdick's
> experiment. He took all sorts of precautions against contamination. He
> found NO pollen. He wrote:

The reason you quote a Creationist for support of your position is because
his conclusion can't be dismissed as a result of his interest. All I'm
asking
for is something I can trust in regards to the reliability of radiometric
dating.
It doesn't impress me that someone published consistant dates with various
methods.