RE: God could have worked through natural processes (was Evolutionary Information 1/2)

John E. Rylander (rylander@prolexia.com)
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 00:11:05 -0500

Stephen, why don't you just ask any of the Christian evolutionary
creationists on this list if they believe what you repeatedly assert they
believe, indeed, what you fatuously assert is "the main issue". You'll
discover that you're wrong, as you -should- already have known, and -would-
know if you were following the arguments.

Either you incorrectly remember others' statements, or you're just making
this up because it sounds good (possible), or (most likely) you're putting
your or Johnson's "ECs -must- think this!!" words into the mouths of others.
That is very unfair and either sloppy (probably) or dishonest (probably
not).

What you should say is that -you don't understand how- Christians can
staunchly defend evolutionary theory without that premise.

That assertion would be true (right?), perspicuous, and perspicacious;
unlike your current assertion, which is both (1) false, and (2) about EC's
thinking instead of your own, and which is therefore refuted every time an
EC authentically reports otherwise. (Or are you just claiming they're
lying?? Now -that- would be a step forward in the discussion....)

No need to reply to this note unless you really feel you have to.

--John