Re: An Evil Fruit

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 07 Aug 1998 22:57:20 -0500

At 09:33 PM 8/7/98 -0600, Bill Payne wrote:
>Glenn R. Morton wrote:
>
>> The fact that things like this lived is proof that they were fit.
>
>The fact that things like this lived and were fit *is not* proof that
>they were transitional. It is only proof that they lived and died.

They were transitional and they did live. Why would you say that a
half-evolved leg which wouldn't support the weight of acanthostega isn't a
transition? Afterall, there are no legs prior to that time. We are going
from a time of NO LEGS to a time with legs.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood