RE: lungs

Donald Howes (dhowes@ansc.une.edu.au)
Fri, 07 Aug 1998 13:36:28 +1000

Hi,

I am a bit confused now, I take it you know how a lung could change though
a process of small step by step changes, into another type of lung, is that
right? If it is, could you give a hypothetical procedure of that change,
just a few examples of what each couple of steps might have been like? How
about the difference between a bird and a reptile. I confess that I don't
know much about this, so an explanation would be very helpful.

Thanks

Donald

At 08:12 AM 7/08/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Bill Payne:
>"Just how such an utterly different respiratory system could have
>evolved gradually from the standard vertebrate design is fantastically
>difficult to envisage, especially bearing in mind that the maintenance
>of respiratory function is absolutely vital to the life of an organism
>to the extent that the slightest malfunction leads to death within
>minutes.
>
>Another flawed logic. Argument from personal incredulity is not considered
very convincing.

>Bill Payne:
> As Michael Behe (_Darwin's Black Box_) points out, the underlying
>molecular machinery which constructs, coordinates and controls these
>organs of life is infinitely more complex and difficult to imagine
>arising by time plus chance.>>
>
>Sadly enough Behe showed no such thing, other than perhaps his lack of
imagination ?

>Bill Payne:
>So we are left with a choice, either we agree with the evolutionists
>that these gaps were *somehow* bridged over time, or we believe that the
>various types of animals were created as distinct groups. Which
>requires the greater faith?>>
>
>The idea that an invisible untouchable Creator has been busy leaving
evidence confusing the people He created or the cold facts themselves?

>You have just created a perfect strawman that you very easily could
attack. Luckily real science does not rely on such arguments.

>Bill

Donald Howes
Acting Research Systems Co-ordinator
Research Services