Re: Bill's flood and acidic waters

Bill Payne (bpayne@voyageronline.net)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:27:07 -0600

Glenn R. Morton wrote:

[snip]

> So, Bill, please tell me how you avoid this problem? If rising waters of
> the flood are the answer to the paleontological order, your scenario must
> be able to explain this problem or there were no rising waters.

You sound pretty confident, my friend. Either my scenario explains your
problem (and if I explain this one then you'll come up with a zillion
others), "or there were no rising waters"?

> Do you have God miraculously withhold the sulphuric acid?

Do you think God would be unable to withhold the sulphuric acid?

> Do you think that Noah could breathe acidic air?

Do you think Peter walked on water? (Matthew 14:29)

> Do you think the Fish could live in acidic water?

Do you think Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego could live in the fiery
furnace? (Daniel 3:25-27)

"Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?
Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer
me." (Job 38:2-3) "Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct
him? Let him who accuses God answer him!" (Job 40:2)

As I said before, you have your faith [in science], and we have our
faith [in the power of God]. I know you believe in the resurrection of
Jesus; how do you decide which miracles are true in time and space, and
which ones are mythological?

Bill