RE: Evolution!!

Donald Howes (dhowes@ansc.une.edu.au)
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:01:58 +1000

At 11:41 AM 18/07/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Ron Chitwood wrote:
>I am really most anxious to see what your usually cogent reply is to this,
>as others on this thread seem to, too.>>
>
>I have seen Glenn Morton do a good job in explaining that 1) the attempts
involved radiation which is quite different from mutation mechanisms
relevant for evolution 2) there were no attempts to apply a consisten
pressure over these 100 years. There were incidental experiments.

>Perhaps it is time to address his comments rather than dismiss them as if
they had not been made ?

Hi,

Um, what are the mutation mechanisms relevent for evolution? And how do you
know this?

I have met some of the guys how are doing these experiments with flys, and
they are pretty determinded to prove that evolution is true. I think they
aren't interested in applying cosistent pressure over 100 years because
that will only show natural selection, everyone believes in natural
selection, so why prove whats already proven? They are doing their best to
make something new, are you saying that they aren't doing it properly?

Donald
Donald Howes
Acting Research Systems Co-ordinator
Research Services
University of New England
Ph 6773 3263

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the
salvation of everyone who believes" Romans 1:16