Re: Dawkins Video

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 07:36:16 -0500

At 08:56 PM 7/17/98 -0700, Cliff Lundberg wrote:
>Glenn R. Morton wrote:
>
>> "Professor Dawkins, can you give an example of a genetic mutation
>> or an evolutionary process which can be seen to increase the
>> information in the genome?"
>
>Why was this a hard question for Dawkins? Surely he's well aware of
>the points made recently here about letter-scrambling (analogous
>to random mutation) increasing information. Was Dawkins thinking of
>information in some other sense?

As I said in my response to Kevin, I can't tell what Dawkins was thinking.
He says the delay was an attempt to not loose his temper and trying to
decide whether or not to throw them out of his house. Neither I nor the
video nor the audio is a polygraph machine nor are we mind readers.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood